Whether it’s using your device, BlackBerry Link or a web browser on a Windows PC, updating your device software couldn’t be easier!
Here’s a quick overview of each method so you can ensure your device is the running the latest version of BlackBerry 10
Before we begin, here are three important things you should know:
- Before installing any software updates, make a backup of your device using BlackBerry Link to ensure your data can be restored in the event of an issue. For help performing a backup, check out the BlackBerry Link user guide (PC, Mac)
- BlackBerry 10 OS update availability can be controlled by your wireless provider. So, if you do not see an update that a friend was able to install on their device, it may be a result of them using a different wireless provider, or purchasing the device from ShopBlackBerry.com.
- If your device is setup with enterprise email, contact your IT department for guidance on how to update your device software before using any of the methods listed below.
Using a BlackBerry 10 device
The first method is checking for, and installing, updated BlackBerry 10 software using your device. Since some software updates can be pretty big, connect to a Wi-Fi network first which can help speed up your download. This also helps to avoid data charges when using the mobile network only
If your wireless provider requires your device to be on a Wi-Fi network to download the update, but you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can update your device software using BlackBerry Link instead.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel
- Tap Settings followed by Software Updates
- Tap Check for Updates
- If an update is available, tap Update to start the update process
- When the software update has finished, restart when prompted
Using BlackBerry Link on a PC, or Mac
Depending on the size of a BlackBerry 10 update, or personal preference, you can update your device software using BlackBerry Link for Windows, or Mac OS X.
If you haven’t already, download and install BlackBerry followed by completing the steps below.
- Open BlackBerry Link
- Connect your device using a USB cable
- Select your device along the left
- Click Software Updates
- Click Check for Updates and follow the on-screen instructions
- When the software update has finished, your device will restart automatically
Using a web browser (PC only)
For those using Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 5.5 and later on a Microsoft Windows PC, you can check for and install updated BlackBerry 10 device software using your browser.
- Open Firefox, or Internet Explorer
- Go to http://BlackBerry.com/update
- If using Firefox, when prompted install the “Rim Handheld Application Loader”
- If using Internet Explorer, when prompted allow the “BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-in from ‘Research in Motion’”
- Refresh the website, click Check for Updates and follow the on-screen instructions
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.