Did you know that BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 introduces a new Battery Saving Mode option? When enabled, this feature will adjust several settings so you can get the most of your device’s battery life.
To help you get started, here’s a quick overview of how Battery Saving Mode works and instructions on how you can customize this feature to suit your needs🙂
Tip: Check out our BlackBerry 10.3.2 Battery Tips post to learn how to further extend your device’s battery life!
Battery Saving Mode will turn on automatically when your battery level reaches 20% (this can be customized). When this threshold is reached, or Battery Saving Mode is turned on, manually, the following changes will be made on your device:
- Screen brightness is lowered
- Screen does not turn on for notifications
- Device will limit maximum CPU performance
- Advanced Interactions will be turned off
As soon as you start charging your device, Battery Saving Mode will automatically turn off. You can easily tell when Battery Saving Mode has been enabled, too, because Device Monitor will show a yellow background when viewing your Battery details as per the following screenshot.
If you’d like to customize what occurs when Battery Saving Mode is enabled, complete the following steps:
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of screen
- Tap Settings > Battery Saving Mode
- Do any of the following:
- To set the power level that your battery must reach before Battery Saving Mode turns on automatically, drag the slider at the top of the screen left or right.
- To change which settings are adjusted when Battery Saving Mode turns on, select or clear any of the checkboxes.
- To stop Battery Saving Mode from turning on automatically, turn off the Turn on Battery Saving Mode Automatically switch.
- To restore the default Battery Saving Mode options, tap Restore
After you finish customizing Battery Saving Mode here are two other things you will want to know!
Add Battery Saving Mode to Quick Settings
If you don’t see Battery saving in your Quick Settings menu add it by going to Settings > Quick Settings and checking Battery Saving Mode.
Once it has been added to your Quick Settings menu, you can turn on, or turn off Battery Saving Mode by tapping the battery icon. If you tap the “Battery Saving Mode” label instead you will be shown the Battery Saving Mode settings.
Bedside Mode & Battery Saving Mode
You can set your device to enter Battery Saving Mode whenever you are using Bedside Mode overnight. This is a great way to save battery life overnight when you don’t have access to a charger.
To do this, open the Clock, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Within this screen, toggle the switch next to Battery Saving in Bedside Mode.
Got a question? Leave a comment and let me know!