Get the most out of your browsing experience using these five handy tips within the BlackBerry 10 Browser!
Enjoy distraction free reading
The next time you are reading an article try the reader option for a distraction free read. Simply put, this option allows you focus on the article you’d like to read by removing distracting clutter such as ads. Reader mode also offers the ability to increase or decrease the text size as well as an option to invert colors, convenient when reading articles at night.
Quickly view your browsing history
The next time you need to go back to a webpage you were just viewing, or access your full browser history, just tap and hold on the Back arrow to the left of the address bar. Doing so will show you a few of your recently viewed pages and if you scroll down the list, the option view your complete browsing history appears.
Add a website to your Home screen
If you want fast access to some of your favorite websites on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, you should consider adding them to your home screen. I use this myself whenever I have a package on the way so I can quickly access the tracking website.
Access desktop versions of websites when needed
Depending on which websites you are visiting you may want to enable Desktop Mode so your browser loads the desktop version of a website instead of the mobile version. Be mindful of this setting though, because until you turn it off every website you visit will display the desktop version.
- Open the Browser
- Tap in the bottom right corner
- Tap Settings followed by Developer Tools
- Set the Desktop Mode switch to On
Customize the Browser start screen
You can change what you see when your first open the BlackBerry Browser. You can set a specific home page, show thumbnails of the webpages that you visited recently or frequently access, or open webpages that you had opened the last time you used the Browser.
- In the Browser, tap > Settings > Display and Actions
- Tap the On Startup Show drop-down list
- To set a specific home page, tap My Home Page and type a web address, or use the Current Page option.
- To show thumbnails of the webpages that you visited recently or frequently access, tap New Tab Page
- To open the webpages from your previous Browser session, tap My Tabs From Last Time
Got a question, leave a comment and let me know!