|This post is outdated, click here to view a updated version!|
If you are using a BlackBerry 10 smartphone and would like to change your BlackBerry ID Username, follow the steps below using your smartphone or a web browser.
Before we begin, the steps below will help you change the email address associated with the BlackBerry ID that was used when setting up the smartphone initially. In the event you would like to use a different BlackBerry ID, you will need to perform a security wipe and set up the smartphone again. For help performing a security wipe, check out our post, how to perform a security wipe of a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.
Note: We do not recommend using a BlackBerry email address, such as user@<carrier>.blackberry.com, for your BlackBerry ID. Hosted email addresses filter password recovery emails as a security measure so you will be unable to retrieve your login information. If you notice you are using one of these addresses, please follow the instructions on this post to update your BlackBerry ID Username to a different email address.
Option 1 – Using a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- Tap Settings followed by BlackBerry ID
- Tap Edit along the bottom toolbar
- Tap within the BlackBerry ID Username field and remove the current email address
- Type the new email address and press and hold the space bar to hide the keyboard
- Tap Submit and Continue when prompted
- Enter your current BlackBerry ID password and tap OK to complete the change
- Tap OK to return to BlackBerry ID settings
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was used as the new Username. Open the email message and click the link to confirm the change within 24 hours. If you have waited more than 24 hours, login to http://bbid.com and use the Confirm My Email option to resend a confirmation email.
Option 2 – Using a web browser
- Visit http://bbid.com using the BlackBerry Browser or your computer
- Select Sign In and enter your BlackBerry ID username and password, then select Sign In
- Select Account Details and next to Details, select Edit
- Remove the current email address that is displayed and type the new email address
- Select Save, then select Done.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was used as the new username. Open the email message and click the link to confirm the change within 24 hours. If you have waited more than 24 hours, login to http://bbid.com and use the Confirm My Email option to resend a confirmation email.
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.