A little while back, we gave you posts on Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones 1.9, with a focus on Facebook Places. Now, we’re super excited to let you know that the newest version, Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones v2.0, is available for download from the BlackBerry App World™ storefront.
The first few things you’ll notice when you log in on your BlackBerry smartphone are a beautiful new user interface and…wait for it…Facebook Chat! Today I’ll be showing you how to get started with Facebook Chat so you start chatting with Facebook friends right away.
To enable Facebook Chat, follow these easy steps:
1. Log in using your Facebook credentials.
2. From the Facebook homescreen, access the dropdown menu by selecting/tapping on the Facebook logo. (circled in red below)
3. Scroll down to the Chat bubble icon and select/tap it.
4. Click ‘Go Online’.
Now you’re all set. But there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind once you’ve enabled Facebook Chat:
1. You’ll appear online until you select ‘Go Offline’. To do this, select the menu key, then select ‘Go Offline’.
2. After 10 minutes of inactivity in the Facebook application, your status will appear as ‘Sleeping’ to other users. In the previous screenshot, the half-moon icon means that a contact is ‘Sleeping’ and may not be available to respond immediately, whereas the green circle means they are online and active – go ahead and send them a message!
3. If you no longer wish to be left online or receive chat messages, you must select “Go Offline” from the Chat screen menu or completely log out of the application by going to Options> Logout.
If you have any questions about the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones v2.0 app including Facebook Chat, feel free to leave a comment here, check in with @BlackBerryHelp or visit the BlackBerry Support Community for further assistance.