Have you ever wondered how to view YouTube® videos on your BlackBerry® smartphone while you are on the go? Let’s take a look at how you would go about viewing a YouTube video on your device and the requirements that are necessary in order for you to view these videos using the Mobile Network.
1. The first step is making sure you have an active data plan on your BlackBerry smartphone and that the signal in the top right corner of your device shows as any of the following: 3G, GPRS, EDGE, or 1XEV.
2. Next, check to see if you have a strong enough signal strength that supports sending and receiving data. Anything lower than “-95dbm” is not a stable connection. (If you’re in a basement or a rural area, for example, you may have a hard time establishing a stable connection.) This can be found in the following menu:
– BlackBerry® Device Software 4.x & 5.x: Options >Status
– BlackBerry® 6: Options -> Device – > Device and Status Information.
3. Open the Browser on your BlackBerry smartphone and go to the YouTube mobile website. If you are using BlackBerry 6, you can also click on the YouTube icon and select Go to YouTube when prompted to view the mobile YouTube website.
4. Search for the video you wish to view and then click on the image of the video to open it.
5. You will be prompted with the following notice about additional charges you may incur depending on the type of a data plan that you have with your wireless service provider. If you agree, select OK to load the video. If you are unsure or have any questions about your data plan, please contact your wireless service provider.
6. The media player will then open on the BlackBerry smartphone and the video will start playing.
7. To close out of the media player, press the menu key and select close.