Working with people in different time zones can present some challenges; their local time must be considered when organizing meetings and setting deadlines, or even just picking up the phone to have a conversation. To help keep aware of other colleagues’ time zones, I’ve added a clock for each of their locations in the Clock app on my BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. After reading this post, you will know how to set the time on your tablet, have your tablet display time using the 24-hour clock, add new clocks, and set an alarm.
1. From the Home screen, tap the gear (settings) icon in the top right corner 2. Tap Date & Time and select your time zone from the drop-down menu 3. Toggle Set Date and Time Automatically to “Off” 4. Set the Date and Time.
Adding a New Clock
When you first open the Clock app, a clock is already available displaying your tablet’s current date and time based on the Date and Time settings. To add a new clock showing a different time zone, follow these steps:
1. From the Home screen or from within a folder, tap the “Clock” icon 2. Swipe down from the top bezel and tap “New Clock” 3. Specify a name, time zone, and how you would like the clock to appear 4. When finished, tap the clock face to save your settings.
Setting a Home Clock
While adding a new clock, you might have noticed the option “Set as Home Clock”. The Home Clock is important because each clock can have an alarm configured; however, to enable the alarm a clock must be designated as the Home Clock. To set a clock as the Home Clock, simply tap the clock face followed by “Set as Home Clock”.
Setting an Alarm
As I mentioned above, each clock can have its own alarm configured, but for the alarm to sound a clock must be identified as the Home Clock (circled in red below). To set an alarm, follow these steps:
1. From the Home screen or from within a folder, tap the Clock icon 2. Tap your Home Clock followed by tapping “Alarm” 3. Configure the alarm settings
4. Next to Alarm, tap “On” followed by tapping the clock face to finish.
Tip: To quickly view your alarm as well as to turn it on or off, tap on the date and time from the Home screen (circled in red below). Your alarm details are listed beneath the calendar.
Use a 12-hour or 24-hour clock
By default, the tablet displays time in the 12-hour format. If you prefer to view the time as a 24 hour clock – for example, 13:30 instead of 1:30PM – follow these steps:
1. From the Home screen, tap the gear (settings) icon in the top right corner 2. Tap Date & Time from the menu 3. Toggle “On” next to Use 24-Hour Time.
Have a question about using the Clock app on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet? Leave it below and let us know!
functioning of the site, while others are to help us understand how you use it. Read more here about our cookies, and how you can