Within this new menu, you’ll be able to see your typing statistics such as characters entered, # of emoji’s or symbols used, learned words and more. If you are using PRIV, you can also see how often you are using the virtual keyboard or the physical keyboard
To see your BlackBerry keyboard statistics, complete the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Language & input
- Tap BlackBerry Keyboard Settings
- Tap Statistics
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why don’t I see an option for Statistics on my smartphone?
- In order for the Statistics option to appear, you must install the latest BlackBerry Keyboard update via the Play store. To do this, open the Play store, tap the three bars in the top left corned followed by My Apps & Games. By default, you will be shown your Installed apps and a listing of updates, if any are available. Tap Update All if multiple updates are shown or, to update the BlackBerry Keyboard specifically, tap on it followed by Update.
Are statistics captured if I use a third party keyboard from the Play Store?
- No, statistics are only captured when you are using the BlackBerry Keyboard. If you are using a third party keyboard, switch to the BlackBerry Keyboard by going to Settings > Language & input and tapping Current Keyboard followed by selecting the BlackBerry Keyboard.
Can I export my BlackBerry Keyboard statistics?
- Exporting statistics at this time isn’t possible but you can capture and share a screenshot with someone to compare your results. To do this, press and hold the power, and volume down keys at the same time.
When did my smartphone start tracking my BlackBerry Keyboard Statistics?
- Statistics tracking was added in an update to the BlackBerry Keyboard app that was released on September 8th, 2016. Provided that you have updated your keyboard, your smartphone will now capture your typing stats. Statistics prior to installing the updated keyboard were not captured.
Can I clear, or reset my BlackBerry Keyboard statistics?
- No, statistics cannot be cleared unless the smartphone is factory reset.
To learn more about PRIV or the DTEK50 by BlackBerry or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit the PRIV support page, or the DTEK50 support site for access to product documentation, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.