For those of you using a BlackBerry Passport, or Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone from BlackBerry with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3, there’s a new feature available that can help increase your BlackBerry Hub productivity, Instant Actions!
Using this new feature you can quickly triage messages, conversations, and events in the BlackBerry Hub. For example, you can mark messages as read or unread, and file, flag, or delete messages. You can also accept or decline meeting invitations without having to open them. Best of all, if you make a mistake while managing your messages, you can tap Undo to cancel the last change
Depending on the type of message you receive, the following BlackBerry Hub Instant Actions are available:
- Email message: File, delete, or flag
- Calendar Invitation: Accept or decline
- BBM or Text Message (SMSMMS): Reply or delete
To try out Instant Actions, complete the following steps.
- In the BlackBerry Hub, tap in the upper-right corner
- Do any of the following:
Customize email Instant Actions
By default Instant Actions in the BlackBerry Hub allows you to file and delete messages, but you can optionally change what actions appear using the following steps.
- In the BlackBerry Hub, tap , and then tap Settings
- Tap Display and Actions
- Within Hub Instant Actions, do one of the following:
- In the Email Action 1 drop-down list, tap File or Flag
- In the Email Action 2 drop-down list, tap File, Flag, or Delete
Got a question about Instant Actions? Leave a comment and let me know!