The BlackBerry Hub is one of our best additions to Android, allowing you to aggregate all of your emails and messages in a single location. We’ve already been over some of the cool stuff you can do with it, but we haven’t gone over everything. Did you know, for example, that you can create custom views for yourself?
Let me explain what I mean by that. By using custom views, you can, among other things, create a category in the Hub that only shows specific accounts (your social media feeds, for instance), one that exclusively displays unread messages, or one that displays messages marked as high-importance. Sounds pretty awesome, right?
Here’s how you can do it.
Creating a Custom View
- Open the BlackBerry Hub and tap
- Within, tap Add View at the top of the screen and specify a name for the new view
- Apply criteria including…
- Accounts (Call Logs, Text Messages, BBM, Email accounts, and Social Media accounts)
- Filters (Unread, Flagged, High importance, Attachments)
- While customizing your view, you can also tap on each individual account to customize its color scheme in the Hub. In the example, I’ve changed the color of my work email to green.
- You can also change whether or not a particular item appears in your Accounts tab. I don’t use Instagram for work, so I don’t really need it in my Hub
- Note that you’ll need to close and re-open the Hub for this change. to take effect.
Removing a Custom View
- To remove a custom view, tap in the top right corner of Hub
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and you’ll see a section titled Views
- Tap on the view you want to remove, and tap on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap Delete
Got a question? Leave a comment, and let me know!
To learn about PRIV or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://blackberry.com/privsupport for access to product documentation, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.