Are you looking for an easy way to stay on top of the Holidays and your favorite team’s schedule using your device’s calendar? If so, consider subscribing to public calendars (ICS) 🙂
First introduced in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, this feature allows you to subscribe to a public calendar that uses the ICS format. All you need to do is click on a public calendar (ICS) link within the Browser, which will result in your device asking if you’d like to subscribe to the calendar.
You can also subscribe to a public calendar manually – here’s how!
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings followed by Accounts
- Tap Add Account followed by Subscribed Calendar
- In the Calendar Name field, enter a name for the calendar
- In the Server Address field, enter the address for the public calendar in ICS format.
- E.g. http://server/calendar.ics
- If required, enter an Email Address, Username and Password
- Tap Done
Don’t forget you can color code your calendars so it’s easier to tell them apart whenever you are using the Calendar app. To do this, open the Calendar app, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Within this menu, tap Calendar Colors, then select the calendar you’d like to change to a different color.
Got a question? Leave a comment and let me know!