Did you know that you can share your BlackBerry 10 device’s mobile network connection with another device such as laptop or tablet? All it takes is a USB cable or Bluetooth connection and you’ll be able to access the Internet on your laptop or tablet!
Find out how to do this using the steps below🙂
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings > Network and Connections > Internet Tethering
- If you have not used this feature before, review the onscreen instructions
- In the Connect using drop-down list, select USB or Bluetooth
- If using USB, connect your device to your computer, or tablet
- Turn on the Internet Tethering switch
After completing these steps, and connecting your device to your laptop or tablet using a USB cable or Bluetooth connection, you can monitor connection details on your device so you can see usage details.
Note: Additional charges may apply for Internet Tethering use. Verify your data plan before using this feature.
Help! Internet tethering isn’t working
If you are having trouble with Internet tethering here a couple troubleshooting tips to help you out!
- Verify that your device is connected to the mobile network, has an upper case signal and is connected to the BlackBerry infrastructure, for example .
- Verify that your wireless service plan allows Internet tethering.
- If you are roaming, verify that Data Services while roaming is enabled within the Data Services screen located in Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network
- If the Internet tethering option doesn’t appear and you are using a work device, verify that your organization allows Internet tethering
Got a question about Internet tethering? Leave a comment and let me know!