Whether you’re new or experienced, here are five must know BlackBerry 10 Browser tips :D
Change your default search engine
Depending on what you search for, you may need to change your default search engine. To do this while using a BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps.
- Open the browser and enter a search term
- After an icon that represents the default search engine appears in the upper-right corner, tap this icon, and from the drop-down list, click your desired search engine
Add a new search engine
Building on the previous tip, use the following steps to add a new search engine such as Wikipedia, this blog, or a variety of other websites when you use the BlackBerry 10 Browser.
After you finish, you can choose the new search engine whenever you perform a search. However, some websites may not support this feature, which explains why you may not see this option after you complete these steps.
- Open a website with the search engine you want to add
- Perform a search using the website’s search field
- Tap followed by Add Search
- After a dialog box appears with the search engine details, tap Add
Save a webpage
You can save a webpage in HTML format so that you can access the webpage when you’re offline, or send the webpage as an attachment.
To view a webpage you saved later, open File Manager, find the folder where you saved the webpage, and then tap the HTML file. You can also view previously saved pages within the browser; tap followed by Downloads.
Turn on Desktop mode
Depending on what websites you visit, you may want to turn on Desktop Mode so your browser loads the desktop version of a website instead of the mobile version.
Be mindful of this setting though, because until you turn it off every website you visit will display the desktop version.
- Open the browser, and then tap
- Tap Settings followed by Developer Tools
- Set the Desktop Mode switch to On
This option prevents the browser on your smartphone from storing any information whenever it is enabled—for example, your history, cached files, cookies, and so on. When you turn off Private Browsing, any browsing information created while this option was enabled is removed from your smartphone.
- Open the browser, and then tap followed by Settings
- Tap Privacy and Security, and then set the Private Browsing switch to On
Got a question or comment? Leave a comment and let me know :)