It’s been a while but today marks the return of Five Tip Friday! To kick things off, here are five must know tips that can help increase your productivity when you are in the BlackBerry Hub.
Make sure you leave a comment and let me know if you are looking for tips in specific areas as well 🙂
Single messages or conversations? You decide!
Every time I set up a new device or offer tips to a friend this item is one of the first I mention because I find it helps to see the entire conversation and avoid missing a response sent earlier.
- In the BlackBerry hub, tap > Settings > Display and Actions
- In the Display Style drop-down list, tap Conversation
Jump to the next or previous message
Make sure you try this gesture because it can save you a lot of taps back and forth whenever you are sorting through messages.
- Slowly slide your finger from the left edge of the message to the right to peek at your list of messages
- While holding the message open, slide your finger up or down to highlight the next or previous message in the list
- To open the highlighted message, release your finger
Adjust your account’s Sync Timeframe
For some types of email accounts, the default timeframe that your BlackBerry device initially syncs email is 30 days in the past.
- To change this setting, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings > Accounts
- Tap the email account
- In the Sync Timeframe drop-down list, tap an option, and then tap Save
Delete messages on your device, device, and server—or get a prompt
A popular BlackBerry OS feature was added in BlackBerry OS version 10.2 so make sure you take advantage of it! Simply put, you can control whether or not messages are deleted only on your device, your device and mail server, or get a prompt each time on where you’d like to delete the message. This makes reconciling your mailbox really easy if you use multiple email clients\devices!
- While viewing the BlackBerry Hub, tap in the lower-right corner
- Tap Settings, and then tap Display and Actions
- Tap Delete On, and then select your desired option
- Handheld Only
- Handheld and Server
- Tap Back to save your changes
Rearrange the order of accounts in the BlackBerry Hub
You can change the order in which the BlackBerry Hub displays the accounts in the Account tab. For example, you can move your favorite accounts or the accounts that you use most frequently to the top of the list.