|This post is outdated, click here to view a updated version!|
Does your BlackBerry need a health assessment? Are you considering a repair?
If so, you’ll definitely want to check out the BlackBerry Virtual Expert, a simple, self-guided diagnostic app for BlackBerry devices including BlackBerry 10. Depending on what type of BlackBerry 10 device you are using, you’ll be able to run tests on the following:
To help you get started, here’s a quick overview of everything you’ll need to know about the BlackBerry Virtual Expert, from installation to getting additional help based on your test results!
Part 1 – Installing BlackBerry Virtual Expert
In order to the use BlackBerry Virtual Expert, you’ll need to install it first. To do this, open BlackBerry World on your device and search for ‘Virtual Expert‘, or use the following steps to scan a barcode.
- Open BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top of screen and tap Scan Barcode
- Scan the following barcode and tap Download
After successfully installing BlackBerry Virtual Expert, to open it tap on the icon labeled BBVE that appears on your home screen.
Part 2 – Complete the various tests
After opening the BlackBerry Virtual Expert for the first time, tap on one of the three test suites offered: Displays Tests, Audio Tests or Keypad Tests. Doing this will take you through guided series of hardware tests and when you are finished you’ll be able to view a summary of your results.
You also have the option of performing a specific test, for example, if you suspect an issue with a key for example, you can test your keypad using the following steps.
- Open BlackBerry Virtual Expert
- Tap on the Tests icon along the bottom toolbar
- Tap Keypad and complete the test
Part 3 – Where to get assistance
If BlackBerry Virtual Expert identifies an issue and you require additional assistance, here a few things you can do to help get the issue resolved quickly.
- Summarize the issue and troubleshooting steps you’ve attempted as well as identifying your BlackBerry 10 device OS version & PIN. Being able to relay this information quickly can help lower the amount of time you’ll spend resolving the issue.
- To obtain your OS version, tap Settings followed by About and change the Category bar to OS
- To obtain your PIN, tap Settings followed by About and change the Category bar to Hardware
- Download and install BlackBerry Link for PC, or Mac, which will allow you to back up your BlackBerry 10 device. When contacting support for a potential repair issue, they will guide you through this process so doing this before contacting support can help speed things along. For help backing up your device as well as restoring your device, please review the BlackBerry Link User Guide
- Join the BlackBerry Support Community Forums and create a new post about your issue. Be sure to provide a summary of the issue and troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted to get faster help!
- Contact your wireless provider or local repair center about the issue
Do you have a question about the BlackBerry Virtual Expert? Leave a comment and us know or send a tweet to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter!
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.