Do you own a BlackBerry 10 device and use a Windows PC?
If so, today I’d like to highlight Print To Go, an extremely useful feature that eliminates the need for physical printouts by wirelessly and securely sending digital printouts from your PC to your device in the form a PDF file.
For example, I use Print To Go to print menus, maps, directions and more to my device whenever I travel so I can reference this information wherever I am, without having to rely on a network connection.
To help you get started with Print To Go, follow the steps below to install the software on your PC and to verify everything has been set up correctly.
How to download and install Print To Go software on your Windows PC
- Open your PC internet browser and visit www.blackberry.com/PrintToGo
- Complete the instructions on the screen to download and install Print To Go
- When finished, complete the following set of steps to set up Print To Go on your BlackBerry 10 device
How to set up Print To Go on a BlackBerry 10 device
Provided you have installed the Print To Go software on your Windows PC, complete the following steps to set up Print To Go.
- On your Windows PC, print an item and select Print To Go as the printer
- Enter your BlackBerry ID and password
- Note: You must sign in using the same BlackBerry ID that is currently used on your BlackBerry 10 device. To identify which BlackBerry ID is being used, on your device tap Settings followed by BlackBerry ID.
- Click Sign In
- Enter your pairing password, device PIN and, if applicable, your device name.
- Note: To find your pairing password and device PIN, on your device open Print To Go. Then swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Click Next
- Tip: To print to multiple devices that are associated with your BlackBerry ID such as a BlackBerry PlayBook, click Add Another Device
- When printing is compete, open Print To Go on your device
How to change which BlackBerry ID Print To Go uses
In the event you need to change which BlackBerry ID Print To Go uses on your computer, complete the following steps.
- On your PC, print an item and select Print To Go as the printer
- Click Account in the top right corner
- Click Log Out
- Print another document and, when prompted, log in using the desired BlackBerry ID
How to find your Print To Go pairing password
- Open Print To Go
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings to view the pairing password
How to delete a Print To Go folder or printout
- Touch and hold a printout or folder
- Tap the trashcan icon
Got a question or comment about Print To Go? We’d love to hear from you so make sure you leave a comment below!
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.