If you want to clean up your BlackBerry 10 smartphone’s Contact app, you can completely remove certain accounts from your contact list. For example, if you mainly follow celebrities on Twitter, you might not want to see them in your contact list.
Follow these steps to hide an account from your contact list:
- Open the Contacts app
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings
- Within Show Account in Contact List, set the On\Off switches accordingly
- When finished, tap Back to save your changes
If you don’t want to hide contact accounts, don’t forget you can also use the context menu (bottom left corner) within the Contacts app to view contacts by account. Since contacts link between accounts as well, this is a great alternative to hiding a contact account completely. Should you decide to hide an account on your smartphone, however, here are a few things you should know:
- Hidden accounts will no longer appear in the context menu (bottom left corner)
- Contact information from hidden accounts will still appear in linked contacts whenever possible
- To restore a hidden account, set the Show Account in Contact List option within the Contacts app to On
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.