It’s almost the weekend, so that means it’s time for another Five Tip Friday! Today’s topic: five tips and tricks related to the BlackBerry 10 calendar.
Pinch to Zoom in Day View
The next time you are viewing your calendar in the Day view, using two fingers, slide them together to zoom in, or slide them apart to zoom out.
Calendar Display Settings
One of the first things I do whenever I set up a new smartphone is hop in the settings so I can customize everything to my liking. When it comes to the calendar, here are a few things you might want to customize.
- In the Calendar app, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings followed by General
- To change how long your meetings are scheduled for, in the Meeting Duration drop-down list, tap a new duration.
- To change the default reminder time for events, in the Meeting Reminder or All-Day Meeting Reminder drop-down list, tap a new time.
- To change the snooze intervals, in the Snooze Interval drop-down list, tap a new snooze time.
Create a meeting from an email
Whenever you are in the BlackBerry Hub and someone in an email thread asks to schedule a meeting, all you need to do is to tap the action key followed by Invite To Meeting. When you do this, your invitation will be populated with the subject line from the email and the recipients of the email become the invitees.
Hide a calendar
Depending on how you manage your calendars, you may want to hide a specific calendar. To do this, swipe down from the screen, tap the Manage icon and clear the checkbox beside the calendar you would like to hide.
Change your default calendar
When you add an event to your calendar or send a meeting invitation, your device adds the event to your default calendar. To review your default calendar settings and change them if needed, complete the following steps:
- While viewing the BlackBerry Z10 home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings followed by Accounts
- Tap Set Defaults
- To change the default calendar that you add events to and send meeting invitations from, in the Calendar drop-down list, tap a calendar.
- To change the default account that you send email from, in the Email Address drop-down list, tap an account.
Bonus: Get a six-month view of the calendar
The next time you are in the Calendar, switch to the Month view, tap the center of the screen and slide your finger down to quickly switch between months.
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.