Traveling in the near future? Here are several tips to help you plan and share your vacation with friends and family!
Planning a vacation couldn’t be easier thanks to several useful apps available for BlackBerry® smartphones. These handy apps allow you to book your trip, plan it out, and even share it with friends and family. Let’s dive right in!
1. Organize with BlackBerry Messenger Groups
Keep in touch with the friends and family using BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) and BBM Groups. BBM Groups allow you to create a shared calendar that can be used by members to help plan activities and events. You can also take advantage of lists — an easy way to plan ahead so you don’t forget anything.
Here’s a quick overview of how to add a calendar appointment and share the contents of it with members of a BBM Group.
- Open the Calendar app from the Home screen, or from within a folder
- Press the menu key and select “New Appointment”, or navigate to the specific time and select it
- Choose the BBM Groups calendar
- Enter the Subject and location
- Press the Menu key and select Save.
If you need some help setting up group chats or a BBM Group, these additional blog posts will get you started!
- Get to Know BlackBerry Messenger
- BlackBerry Messenger Groups: Share pictures, lists and chat with several friends at once
- Five Tip Friday – Five Tips for Unleashing the Power of BlackBerry Messenger
2. Keep on track with BlackBerry Maps
BlackBerry® Maps not only helps you get where you need to go, but you can mark sporting venues, restaurants, and even a spot on the sidewalk as favorites so you can find your way back there again. Another great feature is “Find a Location” — use this feature to find food, drink, services, and shopping close to your current location.
To use the “Find a Location” Feature:
- Press the Menu key and select “Find a Location”
- Enter a search term such as “coffee” or enter an address
- Press the Menu key and select “Start Search”.
If you would like more information on BlackBerry Maps, I suggest taking a look at Ty’s blog post Five reasons why BlackBerry Maps is awesome!
3. Inform or Stay informed with Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones
Share your trip as you experience it with Twitter® for BlackBerry smartphones (as long as it’s 140 characters or less, of course). Twitter is also a great way to get up-to-the-minute information from your favorite news outlets and more. One of my favorite features is the ability to save searches so I can easily run the same search again in the future.
To save a search, complete the following steps:
- Open the Twitter app from your Home screen or from within a folder
- Select the magnifying glass along the top of the app
- Enter your search criteria and press enter to start searching
- To save your search query, press the Menu key and select “Save Search”.
4. BlackBerry Travel Helps Keep You Organized
As Ty mentioned in the post Five Tip Friday – Traveling with a BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry® Travel is designed to make it easier to plan, book, manage and share your travel activities. This app can help you find hotel and car rental options, and it will also scan your Messages app and export all supported travel email messages.
The real tip here is to read the blog post mentioned above — not only does it have additional information on BlackBerry Travel, but also information on other apps that may help you on your journey.
5. Pictures and Video
Whenever you are heading to an event, make sure you take lots of pictures and video on your BlackBerry smartphone so you can enjoy those memories down the road. Be sure to update your various social media profile pictures as well when you get home so you can share your experience with friends and family.
In case you need some help with recording and sharing pictures, here are some posts that will get you started and hopefully provide you with some ideas:
- How to take photos with a BlackBerry 6 smartphone
- How to copy and share photos taken with a BlackBerry smartphone
- How to Record and Share HD videos with BlackBerry 7
Do you have a tip you’d like to share? Leave a comment below and let us know!