I like to think of my BlackBerry® smartphone’s Home screen as my mobile picture frame. Here I can display an image that reflects my mood, an interest, a loved one, or something that caught my eye. Today I’d like to give you a brief overview of how to change your Home Screen picture so you too can have your own mobile picture frame.
For an image to be used as a Home screen wallpaper, it must be stored on the device’s internal memory or on a micro SD media card that is installed in the device. This includes pictures received in an email BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) instant messages, images from web pages and more.
Meet me after the break to learn how to store received images and then set them as your wallpaper!
To save an image that you are currently viewing to your device all you need to do is highlight the picture, press the Menu key and select “Save Image”. After specifying a name and where you would like to save the image, select “Save”. You’ll also notice you have the option of specifying the image as your wallpaper using the “Set As Wallpaper” option.
In the event you want to select a different wallpaper from existing images on your device, you have two options. The first is when pressing the Menu key and selecting Set As Wallpaper when you are viewing a image that is stored on your device; i.e. a photo you took recently while using the Pictures app. You also have the option of specifying a new wallpaper using the steps below.
BlackBerry® 6 & BlackBerry® 7 OS smartphones
- From the Home screen, press the menu key and select “Options” from the menu
- From Wallpaper setting select “Change Wallpaper”
- Select a picture to use as a wallpaper
- Press the Menu key and select “Set As Wallpaper”
BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and below
- From the icon screen press the Menu key and select “Options”
- Select “Wallpaper” and select the image you would like to use
- When viewing the picture press the Menu key and select “Set As Wallpaper”
Have a question or a tip for using wallpapers on your BlackBerry smartphone? Leave a comment below!