Since 2011 is coming to a close, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite posts from the year that can be used to help you get started with a new BlackBerry® 7 OS smartphone or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. I’ve also listed a few of my favorite tips and tricks posts so make sure you check these out, especially if you receive a new BlackBerry® smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet as a gift!
Since it’s the holiday season, if you own a BlackBerry smartphone, consider making yourself an avatar and dress it in up in an ugly sweater – because nothing says “it’s the holidays!” like a ugly sweater! Check out our post on the BlackBerry Avatar Builder – Ugly Sweater Expansion pack and BlackBerry 7 OS Support for an overview of how you can make an avatar like mine below.
After creating your avatar, here are a few handy posts related to BlackBerry 7 OS that can help you get started, or learn more about your BlackBerry 7 OS smartphone if you already own one.
- BlackBerry 7: Getting Started Guide
- BlackBerry 7: Getting Started Guide Part 2
- How to Record and Share HD videos with BlackBerry 7
- How to set up email accounts in BlackBerry 7
- Using Gmail® on a BlackBerry smartphone
- How to use Universal Search
- How to use Social Feeds 2.0
- Extending BlackBerry® 6 and BlackBerry 7 battery life
Moving on to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, here are a few posts with some useful information on using the tablet:
- How to Set Up the BlackBerry PlayBook
- How to Use the BlackBerry PlayBook Gestures
- BlackBerry PlayBook Options Overview
- The Power Button and Charging your BlackBerry PlayBook
- How to Connect your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- How to set up BlackBerry® Bridge™
- Five BlackBerry Bridge Tips for BlackBerry PlayBook
- How to copy files to and from a BlackBerry PlayBook using Wi-Fi® Sharing
- How to secure the BlackBerry PlayBook
- How to highlight, cut, copy and paste text using a BlackBerry PlayBook
- Getting Started with Documents To Go® on a BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry PlayBook How To Demos
- Three Tips for Multi-Tasking on the BlackBerry PlayBook
- Five BlackBerry PlayBook Browsing Tips and Tricks
And to close, listed below are a few of my favorite posts from 2011, including a lot of tips and tricks! Make sure you share any tips you have by leaving a comment, as we’d love to hear from you.
- BlackBerry® ID – Common Questions
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Use BlackBerry Protect
- BlackBerry® Protect™ Getting Started Guide
- How to search your mailbox remotely using a BlackBerry
- How to use shortcuts form the BlackBerry smartphone home screen
- How to copy and share photos taken with a BlackBerry smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook to a PC
- How to group messages by subject on your BlackBerry
- BlackBerry® Internet Service – Reconciliation vs Synchronization
If you are looking for even more tips for the BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, check out our Five Tip Friday Posts.
One last note: Although the Help Blog is going on holidays, our @BlackBerryHelp Twitter® account will be around to assist you! Please feel free to ask @BlackBerryHelp any questions you may have over the holidays as they will be happy to help you out. (In addition to @BlackBerryHelp, don’t forgot to visit the BlackBerry Support Community Forums – the BlackBerry community can help provide some assistance if you have any additional questions!)
Thanks again for a wonderful year and we look forward to providing our readers with more great content in 2012. As always, please leave a comment and let us know what you’d like to see in 2012!
Happy holidays from the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog team!