Personalizing your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet is really easy thanks to the features and options offered. Here are five ways you can personalize your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet today!
1. Set a custom wallpaper and choose your favorite picture of family and friends
If you’ve taken a nice photo or saved an image using the web browser that you want to set as the wallpaper for your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, all you need to do is the following.
- Open the Pictures application on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
- Find and open the picture you want to set as your wallpaper.
- Swipe down from the top bezel and select Set as Wallpaper.
TIP: In case you’re wondering, to save an image while using the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet browser, tap and hold for a few seconds, then select Save Image from the dialog that appears.
2. For easier access, reorganize the order that your application icons and categories appear in
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet uses categories to display your various applications and games, and you have the ability to customize the order in which these icons appear and which categories they appear in. To move your icons around, complete the following steps:
- On your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet home screen, tap and hold on an icon until it starts to pulse.
- Drag the icon to the category you’d like to see it in, or move it to the location where you would like it to appear, if you want to change your icon order.
- After you’ve finished dragging the icon, tap the checkmark that appears in the category bar. In the screenshot below, the checkmark is circled in red in the top left corner.
While doing this, you’ll notice a trash icon that appears behind the icons they are pulsing. If you tap this, you’ll be asked if you want to delete the application, so make sure you don’t delete it by mistake.
3. Set individual volume levels for different types of actions like typing or receiving messages
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet allows you to customize your master volume, the keyboard feedback volume and the sound of notifications (if you use BlackBerry® Bridge™, for example). To change these sound levels, all you need do is tap the Gear icon that appears on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet home screen, then tap Sounds and move the sliders to your preferred setting.
4. Select from a wide range of accessories that fit your personal style and needs
I love the sleeve that comes with the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, but I also wanted to get a few more accessories such as a stand, a convertible case and a skin to make it stand out! To check out some of the nice accessories available, visit www.shopblackberry.com today.
5. Create the ultimate playlist with all of your favorite music
While setting up my BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, I installed BlackBerry® Desktop Software for PC so I could synchronize some of my music. While I’m on the go, I can make playlists using the Music application. What’s really nice is that any playlist you make will synchronize to your desktop computer when you are using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows.
To make a playlist of your own, complete the following steps:
- Open the Music application on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
- Find a song, artist, album or genre you like.
- Swipe down from the top frame and tap Edit.
- Tap a song you’d like to add to checkmark it, then tap Add. (You can remove a song as well by tapping Remove.)
- After you’ve finished adding songs, tap the center of your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to close the Options bar.
How did you personalize your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet? Leave a comment and let me know!