Have you ever run into a technical support issue while you’re out and about? Or perhaps you recently posted to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums already and are waiting to receive a reply from the community? Well, we’ve got an awesome little-known secret to let you in on: The BlackBerry Support Community Forums are fully optimized to be viewed right on your BlackBerry smartphone!
The site offers much of the functionality available via your desktop browser, but displays in a clear, concise format to accommodate mobile browsers. Reading and responding to posts is as easy as it is on your computer!
To make it even easier to check responses, once you post your question, you can “Subscribe” to that message post. You’ll then receive email notifications when there has been a reply from the community, allowing you to view the response from your inbox. From there, you can click the message post link within the email and it will take you directly to the thread on the Mobile site.
Here’s a quick rundown to get you started:
1. Open the Browser on your BlackBerry smartphone.
2. Enter http://supportforums.blackberry.com.
3. Select ‘Sign In’ from the upper right corner.
4. If you’re already registered, enter your Log In credentials. Once you’ve entered your information, you can also click the box to ‘Save login information’ so you’ll automatically be logged in on your subsequent visits. If you’re not a Community member yet, click the black ‘Register’ box – you can easily set up an account through your mobile browser.
5. Once you’re logged in, visit the appropriate discussion board to post your question and click ‘New’.
6. Fill in the subject and body field with information providing as much detail as possible, such as: what BlackBerry smartphone you’re using, the BlackBerry® Device Software version you have, your carrier and any other information about the issue. To have emails sent to your inbox when someone replies to your post, click the ‘Subscriptions – Email me when someone replies’ box.
With these few simple steps, you’re all set and ready to access the BlackBerry Support Community Forums on the go, anywhere you have Internet access!
If you have any questions or difficulties with access, please leave a comment and let us know as we’d be happy to help you out!