Aside from being our inaugural year of joining the Inside BlackBerry blog family, 2010 has been an incredible year for the Inside BlackBerry® Help Blog, and I wanted to share with you some articles that you might find handy over the holidays – especially if you receive a new BlackBerry® smartphone as a gift!
If you happen to buy a new BlackBerry® smartphone that uses the BlackBerry 6 OS, or are lucky enough to receive one as a gift (such as the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone, BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone or the BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 smartphone), check out the following links for some great information on the features available in BlackBerry 6:
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Using the Setup application
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Email Account Setup
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Using the Calendar and Contacts Application
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Using Popup Menus
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Using Tabbed Browsing
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Using Universal Search
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Camera GeoTagging and Scene Modes
- BlackBerry 6 Help Video: Getting the Most out of the Pictures Application
In addition to BlackBerry 6, BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 6.0 was released this year, and the following articles will help you get up and running in no time:
- How to install BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0
- Using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 to back up your BlackBerry smartphone
- How to update your BlackBerry device software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0
- How to install additional languages on your BlackBerry smartphone
Looking for information on how to get new applications on your BlackBerry smartphone? For an overview on how you can get some additional applications on your device by using BlackBerry App World™, take a look at the following articles:
- How to install an Application using BlackBerry App World
- How to install an Application using BlackBerry App World QR Codes
To close, I wanted to highlight several articles that I would recommend reviewing if you haven’t seen them already, as you may pick up some new tips and tricks as a result:
- How to wirelessly update your BlackBerry smartphone to latest available software version
- How to setup an email address on your BlackBerry smartphone
- What is a Security Wipe and when should I use it?
- Organizing your inbox’s main messages list
- What does this icon on my BlackBerry home screen mean?
- Are you getting the most out of your calendars?
- How to Transfer Contacts from your SIM card
One last note: Although the Help Blog is going on holidays our @BlackBerryHelp Twitter account will be around to assist you! Please feel free to ask @BlackBerryHelp any questions you may have over the holidays regarding BlackBerry smartphones – they will be happy to help you out. (In addition to @BlackBerryHelp, don’t forgot to visit the BlackBerry Support Forums as the BlackBerry community can help provide some assistance if you have any additional questions!)
Thanks again for a wonderful year and we look forward to providing our readers with more great content in 2011. As always, please leave a comment and let us know what you’d like to see in 2011!
Happy holidays from the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog team!