The new multimedia experience in BlackBerry® 6 has been designed to be intuitive, easy to use and fun! From a music player, to podcasts, videos and a stunning camera, it is fully equipped to not only take your media with you, but also enjoy it with your friends.
Let’s take a closer look at the Music player!
To get started, find the Media window on the home screen by swiping to either the left or right. The first thing you’ll see when you click on the music icon is a menu that helps you find music applications, organize your music and choose what you want to listen to.
- Clicking ‘Explore Music Apps’ will launch BlackBerry App World™ storefront and show you a variety of music applications that are available for download.
- You can access your music by song, artist, album, or genre. Try launching a song now.
On the media player screen you have a number of options:
- At the top you have controls for looping and shuffling songs.
- Along the bottom, you have your standard buttons for previous track, pause, stop, and next track.
- A great feature is the new carousel that lets you quickly browse music right in the media player while other songs are playing. Try swiping the album art on screen to browse the other songs in that album, artist, or playlist. If you find a song you like, just tap the album art to switch tracks.
Another thing you can do is create and manage playlists right on your BlackBerry smartphone.
- If you hear a song you like and you want to add it to a playlist, just click the ‘menu’ button and select ‘add to playlist’. You’ll then be presented with playlists on your BlackBerry® smartphone.
- If you want to create a new playlist you can do this from the main music screen by selecting ‘playlists’ and ‘new playlist’.
Have you tried out the Music player yet in BlackBerry 6? Let us know what you think in the comments!