A useful feature of BlackBerry® smartphones is the ability to assign custom ringtones for specific contacts, so that you can know who’s calling as soon as you hear the phone ring. This feature is also useful to set customized ringtones for family members, friends, co-workers, business clients, or someone special!
To change ringtones with your BlackBerry smartphone, just complete the following steps:
1. From the Homescreen, open Contacts or Address Book.
2. Open the specific contact that you want to assign the ringtone to.
3. Click on the Menu key and select Edit.
If you’re using BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0 and above, simply follow these steps:
1. Scroll to Custom Ring Tones/Alerts.
2. Click on Phone or Messages to assign a ringtone.
3. Choose the ringtone and your preferred settings.
If you want to use custom music or a ringtone that you have saved in your BlackBerry smartphone, click on Select Music and navigate to either Media Card or Device Memory (depending on where you saved your music file), then choose from there.
Click on Try it to make sure it works properly!
If you’re using BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6.1 and below, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Menu key and select Add Custom Ring Tone.
2. Click on Browse.
3. Choose your ringtone and preferred settings.
Again, if you want to use custom music that you’ve saved on your BlackBerry smartphone as your ringtone, click on Select Music and navigate to either Media Card or Device Memory (depending on where you saved your music file), then choose the file. Be sure to perform a test to make sure it is working properly.
Do you have any questions about setting custom ringtones? If so, please do not hesitate to leave a comment!