The new BlackBerry® Browser is fast and easy. It now includes tabbed browsing (just like your desktop browser!) that lets you keep multiple web pages open at once. What you’re able to do in a web page is pretty cool too —you can easily send a web page address to a friend or post it to a social networking site like Twitter® or Facebook®. If it’s one of your favorites, you can even bookmark it or send a shortcut to your home screen.
Here’s how you can get the most out of the BlackBerry Browser:
Getting started with the Web Browser
You can launch the browser by touching the BlackBerry Browser icon found in the ‘all’ window on the home screen.
- The first thing you’ll see is a start page that lists your bookmarked sites and the most recent pages you’ve accessed, in order to make it easy for you to quickly connect to important web pages.
- At the top of the start screen, you’ll find the integrated URL and search bar. If you know the web page address you want to visit, just enter it in this URL bar and press enter, and you’re off. If you want to quickly perform a search, just type in whatever it is you’re looking for!
Navigating within the browser
Once you’ve reached a web page, you have a number of different options at your fingertips:
- To zoom in or out, place both fingers on the screen and make a pinching gesture.
- To move around the page, simply touch and drag your finger to wherever you want to go.
Interacting with Web Pages
To see some of the different options you have around interacting with the web page – like adding a shortcut to the Favorites window on the home screen, bookmarking the page for quick reference, or sharing the page address with a friend – simply touch the icon to the right of the URL bar.
Multiple Browser Windows (Tabbed browsing)
One of the coolest features of the new BlackBerry Browser is the ability to open and switch between multiple web pages or tabs.
- You’ll find the tab switcher in the top right hand corner of the screen. Just touch it and you’ll see all the windows you have open at the moment.
- You can easily add another tab by clicking the green plus symbol, and you’ll be able to scroll between them with the swipe of a finger.
Have you tried out the new BlackBerry Browser yet? Let us know what you think of it in the comments!