As you might know App World launched last Wednesday. This weekend I decided to download some new apps. It was so successful I wrote this entire post using Vlingo! Well, not really, but I did send four emails, wrote two memos, updated my Facebook status with random thoughts, and searched Google three times with the application. Vlingo allows you to use your voice to direct tasks, and write emails or other text on the BlackBerry.
The weather was beautiful on Sunday, and a friend invited my family to a last minute BBQ. On the way over we realized our favorite dessert place was closed. I opened up my newly downloaded Poynt, set it to GPS location and asked it to “poynt” me in the direction of a “grocery” store. Then off we went to buy a tub of Cookies n’ Cream Ice Cream and Apple Pie – our status as “great guests” in tact.
While at the BBQ I played weather-woman, informing them that according to my Weather Network application it was 12 degrees Celcius but that it was going to snow the next day. I think they were beginning to question my status as a “great guest” at this point.
On the way back home I read through some of my 385 unread items in my RSS aggregator that I had added to my new Viigo application. Talk about multi-tasking! I am never going to have 385 unread items again, now that I can read blog posts in line at the grocery store, in the drive-thru, at the doctor’s office, and waiting for the kids to put their shoes/coat/clothes on.
Want to try out these applications or some of the other hundreds of Apps for your BlackBerry this is what you need to do:
How to download BlackBerry App World
- Visit www.blackberry.com/appworld/download from your BlackBerry device
- Click Download
- Click Download again on a page rendering a brief description and application size
- Click Run to install
- Read software agreement, and choose “I Accept” (if you do, of course)
There you go, 5 steps to App Heaven World.
How to download an application
1. Search for an Application
- The first screen will show you Featured Items, which you can scroll through.
- File folder icon will allow you to browse by category.
- File folder icon with star will bring you to the top 25 Downloads on App World.
- The magnifying glass allows you to search for a key word or application name.
- My World will show you all the applications you have downloaded.
2. Click on an application to view more information On each application page you will find:
- A link to Reviews.
- A link to “Recommend” (to send to a friend).
- Screenshots for the application.
- A brief description.
- A Download button.
3. Click Download
4. Once download completes you can choose OK to continue browsing App World or choose Run to set permissions and any necessary settings for the application.
5. When finished, close App World and start playing with your new Applications!
Nothing is perfect, so if you are having any problems or need help trouble-shooting head over to our BlackBerry Community Support Forums where our amazing members and BlackBerry Technical Advisors are there to help.
Now that you have downloaded some applications, what are your favorites?